Lately, I am indulging in a deep rich coffeehouse-style protein latte with long-lasting energy and no stomach upset! I LOVE frozen coffee drinks. But I gave up on them owing to the irritation that coffee causes my gut.
I’m so excited to share my NEW recipe for Frozen Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Protein Latte. This protein latte has lots of YUM factor and is made with the “good stuff.”
- Good stuff like the world’s first acid-free coffee to reduce digestive problems.
- Good stuff like a boost of ribose for natural energy.
- Good stuff like high-quality protein from collagen and whey.
- Good stuff like sea salt for electrolytes and minerals and dark chocolate for antioxidants.
So, my Frozen Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Protein Latte not only tastes good, it’s also good for me. Either as a morning protein shake or a nutritious metabolic and energy boost later in the day, this protein latte is fast, easy, convenient, and fabulous.
See more bariatric recipes from My Bariatric Life.
Stay Fit While Traveling
Just about everyone worries about how to stay fit when traveling. So another terrific thing about my Frozen Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Protein Latte is it’s so fast, easy and convent that I make it when I travel. No problem!
How do I make a frozen protein latte while traveling? With my Nutri Ninja Pro and a few ingredients, I take my protein latte recipe on the road. Everything I need fits in my backpack or is available at the hotel. And that means I have no excuse not to stay fit during vacation and on business travel.
Read about ways to Get Fit.
Frozen Protein Latte: Easy to Take on Vacation
My Frozen Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Protein Latte wins hands down over the hotel’s carb-heavy breakfast buffet.
- Request a mini fridge in your room
- Ensure your room has a coffee maker
- Get ice from the hotel
- Grab a banana from the breakfast buffet (or BYO)
- Pack a Nutri Ninja Pro and powdered ingredients in a backpack
- Pro tip:Get individual serving packets of protein powder or transfer from tub into a small zip lock bag; also transfer the other powdered ingredients into small zip lock baggies
- Be sure to pack the scoops!
- Pack coffee filters that are the right size and shape for the hotel’s maker!
- You can pack cans or boxes of non-dairy milk (this will make your backpack heavy) or…
- Pack powdered milk if you are not dairy-free, or…
- Use bottled water from the hotel in lieu of milk
What’s great about the Nutri Ninja Pro is that the blender container pulls double-duty as a single-serve drinking cup. It comes with a seal and sip cap, too. So in this way the blender becomes a travel mug.
Of course, you can make my frozen protein latte in any high-capacity blender. But I bought the Nutri Ninja Pro specifically for travel. That’s because it’s super convenient and portable: Make and drink your protein latte from the same vessel. Then simply rinse the cup and blade with soap and water to clean.
Frozen Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Protein Latte
Do you love the taste of fresh roasted coffee and delicious dark chocolate sea salt caramel — my very FAVORITE candy? If so, then you’re going to LOVE my Frozen Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Protein Latte!
Making my protein latte recipe is easy. First assemble the ingredients.
Pro tip: You can get most of the key ingredients, the coffee and protein powders, from the NEW Bariatric Food Source website by AmBari Nutrition. Their online store is HUGE so it makes shopping for bariatric diet essentials so much easier.
What’s more, I am in LOVE with the taste of AmBari products — no exaggeration, check out their SIMPLY AMAZING protein bars and WORLD’S BEST bariatric starter kit – WOW! And the rich thick AmBari Chocolate Salted Caramel Shake is the star ingredient in my recipe. So be sure not to substitute it!
Get the Recipe!
Pro tip: Either freeze unpeeled banana overnight (or longer) for this recipe OR skip the banana and use more ice. Unless the banana is frozen it will not make the latte creamy — and that would be a complete waste of calories and carbs.
- 1 c Tyler’s acid-free coffee, cold
- 1 scoop Bariatric Advantage Iced Latte Protein Powder
- 1/2 package AmBari Chocolate Salted Caramel Shake (amazing!)
- 1 c milk of choice or water, cold
- 1 c ice cubes
- 1 peeled frozen medium-size banana
- 1 scoop ribose (use scoop inside the product container)
- 1 scoop collage (use scoop inside the product container)
- 1 tsp. unsweetened dark chocolate powder, or more to taste
- 1 packet stevia
- Pinch of sea salt (do not use table salt) or more to taste
To reduce carbs and calories use more ice in lieu of the banana. My recipe makes a 24oz frozen protein latte, approximately 2 servings.
Pro tip:Brew coffee ahead of time and store in the fridge so it’s cold. Or pour into ice cube trays, freeze, and store in a freezer bag. Likewise peel and freeze bananas and store in a freezer bag.
Next, blend and enjoy — simple as that!
- Place ingredients #1-6 in the Nutri Ninja Pro 24oz cup. Ensure ingredients are not past the max fill line. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Taste and make any tweaks according to your taste preferences.
- Invert the cup, seal with the sipping cap and go! It’s a travel mug.
- Optional: Top with additional AmBari Chocolate Salted Caramel Shake powder to make a beautiful presentation (and up the protein!).
Pro tip: When you visit the Bariatric Food Source website be sure to sign up for their e-newsletter because you’ll get 15% off your order and receive money-savings coupons via email.
Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life