I advocate building a diet around whole foods, real food. Food without a nutrition label. Food that’s been grown not manufactured. That said, we are living in an often fast-paced world and preparing all of our food from scratch isn’t always practical. I think that’s especially true when it comes to snacks. While most of us take the time to prepare healthy meals, we want a short cut when it comes to grab-and-go snacks.
I’d much rather have one of these healthy snacks on hand than to grab a bag of chips from the vending machine or fast food at the drive-thru. Here are some of my best grab-and-go snacks!
Healthy Grab-and-Go Snacks
- All Natural Meat Epic Bars. These are amazing! A modern-day take on a Plains Indian staple food known as pemmican, choose from turkey, lamb, wild boar, venison, salmon, bacon, chicken, beef, bison Epic bars. They’re Whole30 compliant, too!
- 100% Grass-Fed Meat Sticks. A perfect grab-and-go protein without the chemicals commonly found in smoked sausage and pepperoni, plus a mild flavor and soft chew that puts these at the top of my grab-and-go snack list.
- Exotic Jerky. Ostrich, elk, beef, turkey, chicken, and beef with gourmet seasonings will delight your taste buds. You can’t go wrong with any selection from OSTRIM, Think Jerky, or Healthy Jerky. They’re all super tasty and healthy snacks!
- Fruit and Nut Larabar. Your best bet is to get the bars without added sugar. Larabars are dates and nuts and spices ground in a food processor and formed. You can make your own or pay a little extra for the packaged version.
- Egg White and Nut Rx Bars. Rx Bars with egg whites and nuts and dates or figs have a bit more substance than a Larabar. And I find they keep me fuller longer.
- Figgy Pops Fruit and Nut Snacks – These are sooooo good when I crave something sweet, moist and crunchy. Flavors include: Apple Cinnamon, Choco Crunch, Cranberry Pistachio, Banana-Rama and Tart Cherry Fig. They’re addictive so be careful!
- Superfood Chia Bars. I love chia seeds and this superfood is the primary ingredient in Health Warrior bars! I find one bar really keeps me satisfied. And I like that they are packed with antioxidants and omega 3s!
- Crispy Protein Chips. There is lots of variety to chose from in this category and I haven’t tried every flavor of every brand, yet. So have fun trying them for yourself and just don’t overdo it!
- Meat-Snx Crispy Protein Bites. These are new! They remind me of Chex Mix but they’re made with chicken and pack 20g of protein! Choose from Sweet BBQ, Cinnamon Bun, Ranch, Cheese Pizza, and Sriracha.
- Crunchy Moon Cheese and Parm Crisps. Oh yum, these are my go-to when I am craving a salty crunchy snack. So much better than a back of chips because they’re just cheese — so they’re high in protein and low in carbs!
Of course, just about any raw nuts and dried fruit with no added sugar are great grab-and-go snacks. Keep it to a handful as they’re high in calories. And if you want my recipe for the most awesome trail mix then jump on over to HealthCentral for my Best Trail Mix Ever recipe.
Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life
Photo: Healthy Surprise Box